Tuesday, June 13, 2006

papillon

here's how it all started as they say it started with a look a smile a few steps made across a crowded bar patio and so it began you talked to me I talked to you and we talked and talked until our friends had to separate us but not for long as you thought about me and I thought about you and all those times between when we first met even before that day on the patio back back back in the day as they say when you came to interview me for an article you were writing and then again and again you returned for years to interview talk watch as I walked up the stairs to the second floor of the art gallery but that was back then and you were with her and I was with him and so you disappeared and so did I until that day oh right that day we ran into each other at the video store you still with she and I still with he as we smiled and parted again forward forward into the near past after the gallery the newspaper the video store the patio to the coffee house now we are there and you walk in and I turn at the same moment and blush as the energy overtakes the packed house no he no she just us and a room and the heat of the summer making my way out back to light up a cigarette and you follow and all the years come crashing in an implosion of karmic energy creating a vortex from which we can't escape ending in a hotel off some strip of street for hours talking touching laughing at the way life unfolds unfurls spreads its wings and takes flight

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

That's one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. Please don't stop writing.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home