Wednesday, December 21, 2005

siren

I am the deep guttural moan escaping from my lover’s lips I am the hum from the bass cello vibrating through the body I am a hot pink morning a cool blue evening and a ruby red night I am the dirty little secret you share with only your best friend I am the rose tattoo scaring an old lover’s body I am a bad habit easy to take up and hard to break I am the dew damp morning air after a summer night rain I am a tall cool pint of imported beer on a hot summer day I am red silk a gentle caress upon the body I am a flannel blanket forgotten in a cedar chest waiting to be cuddled I am a favorite book dusty on a bedside table I am the race horse breaking free of her stall I am a pair of black lace underwear hidden under old comfy jeans I am the word ‘crave’ whispered at two in the morning while looking in the refrigerator I am a prayer plant unfolding towards the sunlight through the window in the morning I am long thick hair unkept and unmanageable stained by sunlight and flying in the breeze I am the soft silent sound of snow falling freely in a field I am the voice floating over the water I am the siren I am me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home