Monday, October 03, 2005

Act Soon. Expect Nothing.

I guess I started this blog because I am:
(a) too lazy to submit my writing anywhere
(b) such a procrastinator that I usually miss the deadlines anyhow

I've had a few things published, and done a few readings, but frankly, sometimes it seems that, in my head, getting around to submitting anything ranks just behind taking out the garbage - I know it needs to be done, but still never get around to doing it. This seems to be a quick and easy solution to the whole publishing guilt...and will keep my wonderful husband from bugging me about "getting out there".

The title of this Blog comes from a quote from my wall o' quotes by my work station. The full quote, from the book "Saint Jack" by Paul Theroux goes as such:

"His life said: Act soon. His death said: Expect nothing."

I guess this sums up what I will be doing with this whole little process - posting stuff when I create it, expecting nothing.

Enjoy!
Elvira

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home